The 9TS is a year older today. Unlike last year when he wanted a huge blow out and then didn't and then did and then didn't, and ended up with a giant surprise party. And, it really was a surprise . . . as in poor Vic and Adam, appearing first on our doorstep, were greeted by the 9TS with a hearty, "What are you doing here?" Anyway, this year he wanted low key and low key he shall have ... I haven't even made his card yet. ACK!
On another note, as of late, I have found myself getting a little burned out on scrapping. I know, I know. The horror of it. So I am taking a break and concentrating on my first love, photography. At first I blamed this renewed obsession on Veevs who got me so jazzed about textures and then I blamed Jessica because her on-line photo editing class went live and then I blamed the Saturday morning photography classes that came with my camera. And then I realized. No blame. Just shear happiness. I am loving taking photography to new levels. Many thanks to Veevs, Jess and Ritz (the store, not the cookie), for making me gleeful again.
And then last, but not least. The pièce de résistance and the reason for my new camera, the 9TS and I are going on our much delayed honeymoon. When we first got married in 1997, Katie was seven and had been through the very major upheaval of a divorce and paternal abandonment. I just couldn't, in all good conscience, say, well kidlet, your life has been turned upside down and now it's adios for a week or two. Nope. Couldn't do it. But on our last family vacation she announced she was pretty much done with that sort of escapade. The 9TS and I looked at each other and our eyes lit up. Honeymoon, here we come. June 2009. Stay tuned. Tippy tappy, tippy tappy, tippy tappy!!!!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Happy Birthday to the 9TS!
Congrats on finally getting your honeymoon. He'd better take you someplace really special, after making you wait 12 years for it!! ;)
ooo!! Can't wait to hear where you're going, I'm very excited for you!
Yes, but I'd like to think I turned out okay (all things relative of course =P )... if you promise not to tell anyone, I've got a secret for you - I've got an amazing family!
And that wasn't quite what I meant when I said I was done with family vacations...
I think you're pretty amazing too kidlet. But fess up. The only reason you are reneging on family vacation abstention is because of where we are going. Moral of the story. Be careful what you wish for, Grasshopper.
But being the loving parent that I am, you might find a goodie or two smuggled home in my suitcase with your name on it. Not to mention 1000's of photos
Of course I'm only reneging because of where you're going. I'm also aware that I can be bought with pressies (especially the dates your going... hint hint).
But you should be glad of what I wish for... you finally get to go on your honeymoon! And I am happy for you guys =D
Love you, baby Bean.
LOL Jeanne for a moment I was panicking when I read you blaming me for getting you addicted to textures! But then went phew!! LOL! And congratulations on your Honeymoon in June!!!
Post a Comment