The 9TS loves war movies. His special favorite is anything having to do with WW2. But if it even hints of military, he is watching it. Me, not so much. I'm more a chick flick kinda gal who leans toward the Bruce Willis/Steven Seagal/Denzel Washington knock down/shoot em up genre. But, as long as I have my laptop, I really don't care what he is watching and that included last nights HBO movie Taking Chance. So between it being war related and starring Kevin Bacon . . . sorry Footloose fans, he does nothing for me . . . I took one peek and dove back into computerland.
But I couldn't help myself . . . something drew me in. At first I kept waiting for the movie to start. You know . . . waiting for the hook. No hook. So I decided I had to know where this was going and googled the movie. Next thing you know, my laptop is in hibernation and I am . . . well . . hooked. Incredibly well acted. Incredibly heart wrenching. Incredibly simple. Incredibly patriotic. A must see. As in, if you don't get HBO, steal it from a neighbor who does. It's that good. End of story.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now this is freaky! Mark DVR'd this movie and is watching it right now. I guess I should tell him not to delete it once he's finished!
I already told you my thoughts but I'll post again here (like people are dying for my opinion @@). This is an excellent movie! I cried silent tears and fought back sobs more than once. I thought at first being retired military would make the movie touch me more but I think this movie would/will touch everyone who sees it. Very well done!
Post a Comment