But there is one flaw in his armor of sluggishness. One Achilles heel. Lizards. Show this behemoth a chameleon and all bets are off. He'll leave you in the dust. His bones and frame are, admittedly, a few nano seconds ahead of his blubber which makes for amusing watching, but once in motion, he's faster than Roadrunner escaping Wiley Coyote.
The other day while Katie, Moaky and I were relaxing in the sun . . . each ensconced on our own chaise, I saw his fur start to twitch. Two seconds later he had gone from recumbent squidge to fearsome predator. In a flash he was on the tail of one lackadaisical chameleon who foolhardily slipped through the screens and onto the pool deck. Silly wayward lizard.
Moak almost got him and would have too, except that the lizard dove head first into the pool and Moak draws the line at anything smacking of dampness. Eyes aglitter, Moak was weighing his options.

I am not fond of lizards. Katie, has since she was very little, had an affinity for the little creatures. Thus, any encounters requiring removal, fall squarely in her domain. And since the lizard was getting exhausted and Moak was salivating copious quantities of unwanted fluid into the pool, Katie was called upon.

The lizard was evacuated to a safer climate. Moak, scowling his discontent, ambled back to his chaise, plopped himself down and glared one more look of deep disapproval before closing his eyes and visiting the sandman once again.
3 comments:
Savannah lurves her some lizards! She will catch the wayward ones who get onto the back porch and eat their tails. Just the tail mind you! One time a small garden snake made it's way onto the porch. She thought she'd died and gone to heaven. A "lizard" with nothing but tail!!! I promptly shooed the snake back out the door. I never let her have any fun!
Gotta see face pictures of those cats! Moak looks like a real stunner.
Very cool, I love lizzards!!!!
Post a Comment