Friday, April 3, 2009

Poor Wilbur . . . poor me!

Spring is officially here and it's time to be lounging with the morning paper and a cup of Suisse Mocha coffee, on the pool deck. Doesn't that sound just perfect? Ah, I can see myself now.

Just one small hiccup. A winter's worth of screen grime, furniture mold, tile grunge and spider infestation. YUCK. And I do mean YUCK. So this morning I put on a pair of nasty old shorts, ratty sneaks and an ancient T and started hosing down the deck . . . dodging spiders all the while. Once I got the top layer of crud off, I started in on the tubular furniture with bleach and Comet. Then the cushions got their 50/50 bleach water bath . . . . and the towel holder and the floating chair etc. etc. I started in on the spiders but got grossed out and retreated. Why you ask, do we have so many spiders? Because our back yard is woods . . . . as in overhanging trees. And the little monsters like to do acrobatics from the tree tops and create their lovely little geometric designed webs from the roof of our pool cage. Tomorrow, we will pick up four tubs of industrial chlorine and do the deck, and hose down the screens and finish eliminating Charlotte and her 20,000 some odd relatives.



And then I will be a most happy camper, swilling coffee or wine, depending on the time of day and once again happily ignoring the inside of my house calling . . . clean me . . . clean me!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Couldn't do that over here any more. We are on Phase Four water restrictions. Water lawns Midnight - 4 AM one day a week, no home car washing, no pressure washing of any kind, no ornamental fountains going. The list is endless. But if I have a choice of a glass of water to drink or to wash my car, I don't think there's a whole lot of thought needs to be given. Sure hope the upcoming rainy season brings us some rain.

Poor homeless spiders!

Kelli said...

Way to go on all the hard work! I too enjoy a nice glass of wine in the morning.

::snort::

And good job on the spiders! Kill 'em all!