Monday, June 21, 2010

Cannes . . .

I didn't expect to like Cannes . . .  at all.  So much for preconceived notions.  I fell in love.  Deeply.   Completely.  What a wonderful town.  The 9TS and I took the tender in after breakfast.  What a glorious day.  The rain had stopped, the sun was warm, no humidity.  Exquisite.
We meandered along the bay looking at all the fabulous yachts.  
No wonder this cruise was called Yacht Havens . . .  Then we headed up the hill to the clock tower.  Another trudge but so very worth it.  We sat on a bench looking down at the view.  Stunning. 



We zigzagged back down and wandered the side and back streets of Cannes until we came to a flea market.  You know my love affair with flea and farmers markets.  Happiness.




And then we found this wonderful painting on the side of a building.
and a closeup:
 

We ended up back at the bay and its shops before returning to the ship.  A panini later, the two of us wandered into the library:

grabbed some reading material, changed to our suits and spent the entire afternoon, lounging on deck . .  bliss.  Life is good.

And lest I forget.  This critter.  In the middle of a garden:

1 comment:

Sue said...

OK, I think I could LIVE at that flea market! I'm drooling again...which seems to be a trend here!