Saturday, June 26, 2010

sete . . .

maybe I want to go home and that is why I didn't enjoy Sete the way I should have, but it was old and dirty and full of dog poop.  What is it with France and dog droppings?  I love Greece and their famous cats . . . cats who bury their business, not leave it on the sidewalks like so many land mines . . .

But Sete is the Venice of France . . . a peninsula attached by a roadway. 
 We wanted to walk to the top of the mountain but sometimes concessions are called for, so we settled for this view.  That's our ship in the distance.
 And then we found a market and things were looking up:
 
and this oddity . . .   things were definitely better.
and when we sailed away and looked back, all was forgiven:
sorry for the fuzz.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I blame the dog OWNERS for not cleaning up after Fido! Lazy so and so's!