Nothing makes me happier when doing a three hour wait then to find free wifi! A definite plus in the world of boredom. Not that I wouldn't have happily glued my nose in a book, but this way I can play with Photoshop, check email and well . . . blog.
Anyone who has sat through a loved one's PET scan quickly learns to bring something to pass the time, so I wasn't surprised to see the back of a woman's head as she worked her needle point. Her long gray hair fell beyond her neck, hidden by the chair back, her shoulders bobbing occasionally, as she tended to her work. At one point she raised an arm high enough for me to get a visual. I was surprised to see how thick and hair encompassed it was. While I am not fur free myself, mine is blond. More peach than coconut . . . but I digress
Did I mention I am a people watcher from way back? I love watching folks interact especially when they have no idea they are being observed. Enter a lone, rather fragile, elderly woman, her banded arm declaring her a patient rather than waiting family. She saw, as I did, the back of the needle pointer and headed over to chat. While I didn't hear her opening comment emanate from her warm and patient face, the needle pointer definitely replied to be heard: "None of your business." The woman visibly flinched and shakily stumbled into the closest seat. Recovering herself, she asked if HE had said "None of your business." To which in deep resonating voice, he replied 'yes'. The obvious befuddled woman replied, "I've never heard such a direct response.", to which she quickly added, "or rude."
Her gods were watching over her today as one of the tech's called her name for her procedure. She passed me mumbling about lack of manners . . .
An hour later, I am still watching he with the long hair, working away. No one has ventured into his seating area since.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment