Friday, September 30, 2016

happy end of september . . .

lunch with the hens.  red bowl.  i seem to be on an asian kick ever since the tempting goodies on the cruise.  but i kept it simple with just a bowl of wonton soup and maybe a spring roll or two.  oops.

and then i headed off to visit the beard for a couple of days.  we had dinner at a pizza joint.  their pizzas are either 20" or 30".  that is huge.  so if you are a fairly normal person, you order one slice, which comes served on a regular, at any other normal pizza place, medium pizza pan.  it is huge and i forgot to take a picture.  HUGE!!!  and if you want to play bocce, be their guest.  they apparently even have their own league.  and of course they serve beer.  craft beer, joanie!!!  it's in a university town so it's crazy but crazy fun.  great people watching.

and then back to watch the house of the flying daggers. very martial arts but amazing cinematography.

4 comments:

joanieb147 said...

Pizza and craft beer--I'm there!! ;-)

Sue said...

Pizza sounds so good!

Unknown said...

I don't know Jeanne personally but I've read her blog for quite a while and love it. Is she ok? I'm hoping she's just taking a break.

jeanne said...

Hi Karen,

I'm fine, thanks for asking. I changed blog sites. Email me at hawky87@aol.com and I will send you a link. Thanks so much.

Jeanne