Friday, December 28, 2007

Friday . . . hurry up and wait

2:00 a.m. and there is some type of taxi war going on out on the street below our window. Horns screeching, men bellowing . . . on and on. When Katie's alarm goes off at 7:00 a.m., I could have cried. We were tired . . . I am grumpy. Left the hotel at 10:00 a.m., got through security, found our gate only to discover Atlanta was socked in and our flight was delayed 30 minutes to 2 hours. Two plus hours later we pulled out for a somewhat turbulent flight. The airport is
packed . . . no seating . . .





found our connecting flight gate only to find it had changed, and then again, and then again, and then again. Lots of exercise . . . Now I know that Atlanta on a Friday evening is a travelers nightmare but add in the delays that have now snowballed and five gates and two hours later, we headed . . . home sweet home. 10:00 p.m.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Sure sounds like you had a great time. One fine day, I'd like to go to Baastan and walk the Freedom Trail.

And the one and only picture of you does not show your new short "do." =(

Glad you made it home safe and sound.