
Yep, BASEBALL. Frank, Joe, Jackie and I headed off to see a Cubs game. OK, so it is a farm league. Gee, you have to start somewhere. And it was all-you-could eat: pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn and peanuts. I mean we were dripping Americana and happy as clams and no way am I going to admit how much I ate.
Now it's been a long time since I knew enough about the game to really stay involved but give me a camera and I am content to watch almost anything.
I'm a sucker for the American Anthem. It was sung slightly off key by a charming little sprite, probably all of 11 years old, and here are these big guys, head bowed in respect. Still gives me goose bumps.
And of course we need batters and runners . .

and if you're a cubs fan, there must be Cubbie. He and his buddies did the chicken dance, swept the field and did another little gig.
There is nothing like a flexible bear to win a game.
And since we are obviously not in Chicago, I just thought I would add a shot of small town stadium life
Nope, I am not a city kid. Never was. Never will be. Give me a beer, a hot dog and an eccentric crowd and life is good.





2 comments:
Great shots Jeanne! My hometown of Dunedin is where the Blue Jays play Spring ball. We could and did walk to the field many a summer night and watch the farm team play. Hot dogs and Labatt's on draught! Heaven!!
Well I am a city girl through and through, and your description made me wish I was there! Farm league or not, you can't beat a good baseball game with friends!
Post a Comment