Saturday, May 31, 2008

sex and the city . . .

I admit it. I am a rabid fan . . . that's one step deeper than an avid fan . . . so of course opening night found Frank, Jackie, Joe and I amongst the throng of movie goers standing in line waiting for one of four possible seatings that hour. That's where the show really began . . . the lobby was chock full of slinky dresses, stilettos, funky jewelry and designer bags. You just knew they were headed to various Cosmo parties afterward to rehash the story line and drool over the couture. Frank and Joe stuck out like sore thumbs in that sea of estrogen but were roundly lauded for their willingness to be there. Let the camaraderie begin . . . until the doors opened and then it was a 472 person cat fight to find the perfect seat . . . or any seat if you were late. They actually cheered as the long familiar theme song wafted through the theatre. I, of course, was rapt. As the theatre emptied . . . no, I am not sharing plot line . . . police were actually directing traffic inside . . . once again, I remind you, this is a small town. If you loved the series, this is a must see. Heck, even the lone bastions of testosterone got a kick out of it.

No comments: