Wednesday, May 28, 2008

G double R . . .

So my kidlet was getting on the ramp to the interstate the other day . . . on her way to take a friend to the airport . . . when her right front tire blew. Not just a flat . . . huge shredding of tire . . . gaping mess and core. It just peeled back! Some kind soul changed it for them. But when she texted me the photo I freaked. What if she had actually been on the interstate doing 70 mph when it went . . . Stop, don't even go there! ACK! So it was get thee to the tire store . . . do not pass go. Being a college student, it took her a few days but she called tonight to have Frank talk to tire guy. Seems the store that had been selling her tires (four in two years) had been selling her low quality, dry rotted tires. ACK. The urge to kill.

Reminds me of the time I was young and crazy and drove across country to pick up a friend who had wrecked his bike in the Rockies. My car started dripping somewhere in the middle of Kansas . . . flat barren middle of nowhere, Kansas. The mechanic takes one look and says, "It's your water pump." I replied, "I just had it replaced." He thinks a minute and says, "Then you need new hoses." To which, I replied, "I just got new hoses." So he says, "Well, you need a .55 cent clip." "Fine."

In a perfect world, these guys would be lower than pond scum . . . oh wait . . . they are! G double R!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the dazed and confused birds on the beach. The purple flower? I don't know what it is but I'll take 2 please!!!
So, when is Frank headed to Jax to show the pond scum just what he's made of???

Paula

Anonymous said...

So scary...but I'm glad Katie's okay! My youngest sister and I were on the highway, going about 65mph, when her tire blew...crumpled the front panel pretty badly and the side trim came off. Could have been so much worse than it was...she managed to keep the car in her lane and move on to the shoulder. I also had a tire blow when I was on the highway...but there was more traffic so I was only going about 50. Cut a slice into my front panel and took off the trim but no other damage, thankfully.

And what is it with mechanics thinking women are stupid? I had one tell me it was going to cost almost $300 for 2 tires because my car needed "special" tie rods. HE was the stupid one!