Monday, May 12, 2008

day 12 . . .

In the 40's there were big plans for a golf community in the area complete with canals to allow owners to leisurely visit each other. The market went bust and the plans were scrapped shortly after they began. Although the golf course itself was built and still exists, these columns are all that are left of the grand design.


The canals are none too appealing any more. That charming green being pond scum. ACK!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, but the pond scum is such a lovery shade of green!

Kelli said...

What a neat concept they had! That would be fun to float down the canal in your own private gondola to go to your neighbor's house for tea and crumpets!

If I win the lotto I'll come and finish developing it, ok? Then we'll build houses with Martha Stewart kitchens in them!!

And if you hadn't said it was pond scum I would have thought it was Astro Turf!