Katie and I crawled out of our nice comfy beds and headed to the ocean via The Loop. I know, I know, what is The Loop, you ask? The Loop is the local nickname for a route that runs up the inter coastal, through the tidal basin and back down the other side of the barrier island. It is stunning to say the least. Canopied much of the way by huge ancient oaks . . . a narrow lane that wanders from the protection of the woods and bursts suddenly into the open space of the basin, buffeted by the winds . . . it twists and turns and meanders along the water's edge. At one point it is but a few block from the ocean. It is a glorious place. Well worth the early morning rise.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Those are STUNNING, Jeanne! I especially love the sunrise.
Gorgeous scenery...and photos! Even I could be persuaded to get up that early for such beautiful sights!
I wanna go there!!!!
Love your pictures! They always evoke an emotion in me. Today's pictures evoked JOY!
I LOVE that first photo!
Michelle
Those are some fabulous photos...I am sorry I seem to have been away so long from your blog! That header totally makes me laugh! I feel the same way so often!
Post a Comment