Monday, June 23, 2008

dork moment #2 . . .

so last night after dinner, Jackie washed the pots and pans while I loaded the dishwasher. Nice to have help. This morning I started to unload the dishwasher and noticed one bowl had a small leaf of rappini still stuck to it, and as I continued to unload, I muttered something about the inability of the old machine to do a really good job anymore. The bottom unloaded, I was halfway through the top when I noticed a coffee cup that still had stains in it. Hum. But it wasn't until I picked up the still oily basting brush that I realize it wasn't my old machine at all. It is me. I had never turned on the dishwasher and had just put dirty dishes away, all over the kitchen. ACK. So since it was impossible to sort clean from dirty, if I even remotely thought there was a possibility of having used something the night before, back in the dishwasher it went. Between that and my two glaring typos: one having to do with a recipe that called for 3 gloves of garlic . . . , the other about working for a pedestrian, (thanks Kelli), I think it is time to get new glasses. Sigh.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

ha! Those typos were just what I needed at that moment in time! You saved me today!

Anke said...

your "dork" moment was hilarious! I have been know to make toast but forgetting to turn the toaster on and stuff like that! I just hate senior moments! Love your blog header btw., it is hilarious!