Wednesday, January 7, 2009

survival . . .

The 9TS is a little worse for the wear. His mega doses of antibiotics along with the pain meds have messed up his system royally. He is dragging big time. Tomorrow will be a better day.

All that fuss about the dentist and it was a piece of cake. In two weeks I get the permanent cap and am good to go. Geesh, all that perfectly good whining gone to waste. Sigh.

Now on to the good stuff. Nancy, Joan and I survived our first yoga class. It's a good thing we paid up front and are locked in. That makes for a great incentive to return. Not that it was bad. I actually had a pretty good time ommming and deep breathing . . . but visions of this 60 old woman rocking back on her mat until her butt is saluting the ceiling and her toes are touching the floor behind her head is not pretty, not to mention it required the use of muscles I had forgotten I had. I also discovered while standing in 'tree' pose that were I the real McCoy, I would be lying prone on the forest floor. Guide wires or a sky hook should have been minimum requirements along with the mat and towel. My favorite part, of course, was the cool down. Lying on the mat, relaxing to the music, wondering if I momentarily snored. Happily, I did not wear my glasses so if the rest of the class heard and was staring, I was blissfully unaware. Next week, we have decided to treat ourselves to lunch afterwards . . . food for both the soul and the tummy. Thank you Joan and Nancy for taking this trip with me.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I was just fixing to email you and see how you were doing. I knew your dentist appt would be a piece of cake since I've had the same procedure done. Sorry to hear 9TS isn't faring as well. Will be keeping him in my good thoughts.