Monday, June 15, 2009

Monte Carlo . . .

So there I am scouting out the multi-million dollar yachts in the harbor looking for the likes of Pitt and Clooney . . .



What a magical town. We walked down the dock and around toward the center of town.



We found the Grand Casino, which much to the 9TS's disappointment, was not yet open . . .



and the famed Hotel du Paris . . . all sorts of wonderful places. But, I wanted to see the changing of the guard at noon at the palace



. . . . regardless of the gazillion steps to reach the top, we schlepped up in time for the pageantry.



Then we went in search of muscles. The 9TS's was craving them badly. Imagine the look on his face when they brought him a huge bowl of the little black creatures and a side of fries. The man was in heaven.



Some more wandering and we found ourselves back in front of the palace just as two cars were arriving. A familiar face sat in the back of the lead car that drove right into the palace. The second car parked outside by the guards. Unable to contain my glee, I asked a nearby officer if that was indeed Prince Albert who had just arrived. He nodded and smiled. Oh, what a happy tourist was I.

3 comments:

senovia said...

Wow! I just stopped by from Jessica Sprague's site to say hi. I'm in awe of these fabulous photos! You must have had a wonderful time! I'm so jealous!

Anke said...

just gorgeous Jeanne, I hope you will put these wonderful photos to good use ;)

Kelli said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!!! He wasn't there the day I was! I was ready to become a princess. I had my royal wave mastered and everything!