Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Portofino . . .

Are you getting tired of this escapade? Truth be told, I was. Two weeks is a long time. I was missing my kidlet, my furry monsters and my own bed. But one more stop before the 24 hour trek home. Portofino . . . what a perfect gem. My favorite of all of the Italian ports. Simply perfect in every way.



See what I mean . . . .





with little side streets to explore . . .



I spent a lot of time on the net prior to this trip just to see what not to miss in each port. I was fascinated with the idea of walking the coast from Santa Margherita Ligure back to Portofino. Everyone raved about the views. But truthfully, it was a short day in Portofino and we didn't have the time. The road is also treacherous and has no room for pedestrians. But we did discover this little path that surprisingly, no one mentioned. It follows the road but higher on the cliffs.



It finally opened out like this . . .



and we discovered this . . .



and this . . .



and oh my gosh . . . this . . .



and can you stand one more???



ok, I lied . . . here's another . . .



We walked north for as long as time would allow before we had to turn back and head for the boat and of course . . .



and lest you think I am hanging the poor 9TS out to dry, I was right there with him on this beer tasting expedition. I recommend it to anyone.

And just because I'm me . . . here is the last little oddity. I have no idea of the significance and can't even dig it up on the net. If anyone knows, please leave me a comment. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rhino is one of those things that make you go 'hmmm' lol
Portofino is definitely one of those places where you can't take a bad picture...and is what I have in my head as the quintessential Italian coastal town

Heather said...

Oh Em Gee! I just love these photos. I would have been the crazy photographer tourist running amok everywhere - although, I can see myself being so into the "shot" that I could easily walk off one of those breathtaking cliffsides...!

Good to visit here again, Jeanne!