Sunday, June 7, 2009

Rhodes . . .

as in the Colossus of Rhodes. You know, the God who stood at the entrance to Rhodes and defended the city from intruders . . . one of the seven wonders of the world . . . sadly, it is no longer. Of course I'm not sure why this rendering resembles the jolly green giant . . .



But Rhodes is still there and wondrous. For some reason, I did not think I would enjoy Rhodes. I have no clue where I get these idiotic preconceived notions. The boat docked in port . . no tenders. So we walked to the "old city", which is entirely surrounded by walls. When we managed to get lost, all we did was find a wall and following it around until we found a exit.







Even from the inside, they are impressive.



and then there was the shopping . . .


and although they are known for their leather goods, we managed to do a little damage in the jewelry department too. Sigh.

And of course that makes one thirsty . . . .

1 comment:

Sue said...

What, no pics of the jewels?!

Love 9TS's beanie!