Wednesday, March 24, 2010

oh lucky me . . .

I am not a happy camper. Spending two plus hours in the dentist's chair will do that to me. My jaw is sore and I am C R A N K Y. So there.

I am now sporting two additional crowns. Brand spanking new temporary crowns. Pretty little pearls in my otherwise crooked crocodile set of chompers. I should be used to this by now. I have racked my total up to thirteen. I must be queen of something with all these crowns. Don't answer that. Don't even go there.

It might have been fun to brush with this little guy, I, being from the era of non-fluorated water, but the cavity germ visited more often than the tooth fairy evidently. GAW!!!

Conversation from today's chair:

Dentist: Don't bite me.

Jeanne: I won't.

Dentist: Your teeth are in my fingers.

Jeanne: Oops!

It must have been the Lorazepam. That's right! I swear I didn't know I was munching on him. Not that I would not have, had he not loaded me up with mega does of pain meds, because among other things, I am a first class dental chicken. Bawk!!! Bawk!!! Bawk!!!!

I have a two week reprieve until my permanent crowns come in. Oh Lucky me!!!

3 comments:

joanieb147 said...

I don't know how anyone could make a dentist visit funny, but by gosh you did! Feel better! Ah, Ipana memories...

Sue said...

As one who has had her own share of dental woes this past year with more to come, you know my heart is with you. Hoping you're feeling better (and less cranky!) this morning.

Anke said...

I just got a new one too, although I didn't write such a funny story about it :) You crack me up Jeanne!