I resisted Facebook for so long. Not that I object to new technology . . . it just baffles me until I figure it out. My kidlet is still doing the maintenance on my account but slowly I am catching on. It's fun to search for people. . . frustrating though, looking for female friends due to name changes, but I am, if nothing else, persistent.
First I accidentally found a listing for Kristen through Google which gave me her last name. YAY! But that was years ago. It took me nowhere solid other than giving a clue. Lolly I could not find at all. Who are these folks you ask? They are my childhood friends. I grew up with the two of them and lost contact after college. Gone with the wind. Poof!
But lo and behold, Kris turned up on Facebook and after two false starts, we connected and have been chatting for a few weeks now. But I wasn't happy having one without the other. We were the three musketeers. Nowhere to go on Facebook for Lolly. Stymied. So I headed in another direction. The white pages found me a man living in the same small town, whose first name matched her older brother's. Although he was not on Facebook, a younger version, same name, same general area, was. I sent him a message. Nothing. But through his "friends" I found a woman who might possibly be Lolly's brother's wife, Ruth! AND IT WAS!!! AND SHE SENT ME LOLLY'S email address, which means I immediately shot off a missive . . . and am waiting on pins and needles to hear from her.
So the moral of this story is. 1) I am a stubborn old coot. 2) You can't hide in this newfangled electronic world and 3) simple things, such as finding dear old friends, makes me very happy indeed.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love this story! How thrilled Lolly must be to know that she has friends who love her enough to track her down! That's so sweet, she must be a great lady! And you are fabulous for loving your friends so much!
gotta go with the technical stuff to keep up with the peeps!!! :) You are just hilarious!
that's really awesome of you to track her down! It is such fun to catch up with the people you lost touch with.
Post a Comment