Monday, August 16, 2010

read to the end :o) . . .

I know you've read about this one before but I decided it needed its own layout.  ta da!!!  Special thanks to Linda Roos, Anna Aspnes, Creashens and two of Mr. & Mrs. Font's children; Ali and Georgia.  You are Loved!
I also, after stepping on the scale at the doctor's office, decided it was time to do something about the extra ten pounds I have been carrying around.  My clothes are too tight, I am grumpy, it ain't healthy.  So yesterday, I watched what I ate and did an hour and a half of exercise in the pool, after which, I took a nap.  The 9TS woke me up at 7:30, four + hours later because he was getting a tad hungry.  A FOUR + HOUR NAP?!?!?!?  Who'd a thunk it.

And so it will go until the pounds disappear and life is thinner again.

And now, if you have read through all my whining and made it this far, I saved the VERY best news for last.  We head back to Moffitt on the 25th for a battery of tests that will continue on the 26th.  The 9TS will be poked, prodded, bled, MRIed and CATed, all in preparation for entrance into one of their trial programs . . . a vaccine against melanoma.  As a stage IV metastatic melanoma patient, this is a blessing.  Even should the vaccine not work for him, it will provide valuable information that will one day lead to a cure for this insidious beast.  We want to be part of this!

And on that note, I bid adieu and head for the pool.

1 comment:

Anke said...

I love how you did this page with the line and the outline :) Very clever
I am glad about the trial program, let's hope that it will give him some benefit!!!!