Tuesday, August 17, 2010

yoga and La's . . .

Tuesday is THE day.  Yoga with the Yaya's.  I love yoga.  I might even say, I love the Yaya's because, you know what?  I do.  We get there early and catch up on the nonsense of our lives.  We check in with Lee, because she always has the best nonsense, and Lorraine because she is Lee's conscience and keeps her out of trouble.  Peggy always giggles and shakes her head at us.  She keeps us grounded.

But last week, Lee broke all records with the story of her toe nail.  She had damaged it so badly it came off.  She, feeling like it was ugly, applied a flesh colored bandaid and then proceeded to draw a toe nail on the bandaid, which matched her other nine nails.  I hadn't even noticed until she told the story at which point, all Yaya eyes zeroed in on said nail.   I had to have a picture.  This week I took my trusty camera.
See, you can hardly tell.  Oh, and here is the rest of Lee:
and the rest of the Yaya's . . . minus a few:
and one of the Yaya's with our fearless leader Barbara.
and after a wonderful morning of stretching, breathing and snoozing, Joanie and I left for our weekly lunch with Nancy at La's Bistro!




La's is another habit of ours.  We are so bad, they keep our favorite table reserved for us, 
our water and tea are waiting for us and none of us bothers with menus.  We always seem to order our individual favorites and Gron starts cooking as soon as she see us.  Gron, in case I forgot to mention, is one of two reasons we adore La's.  She is the chief cook and bottle washer and makes THE best yummy sandwiches.

but she is not alone.  Her faithful sidekick, Michelle, is the other reason we darken their doorway every Tuesday morning.  She is our grape supervisor.  One must finish all of the grapes on her plate or deal with Michelle.
I was so hungry this morning, deliriously drooling for my usual turkey, mozzarella, tomato, and basil mayo sandwich on ciabatta that when it came, it was inhaled long before I remembered my camera.

But, so you get the idea, I found this little bit of heaven ready to leave the kitchen:
yum.  Grilled chicken, artichoke, red peppers, black olives, grilled onion with special sauce.

There is no doubt that Tuesday is my favorite day.  Good friends, good food, good health!

3 comments:

Lee said...

Jeanne,
What a great blog. I'm a technotard and it took me 1/2 hour to leave a comment. The pictures are great. When we get arrested for flying over the bridge in our red convertibles, maybe they'll use my "toe shot" insted of a mug shot. I enjoy the Ya Ya Tuesday's, too.

Unknown said...

You gals are having sooo much fun! Your Tuesdays sound awesome! Love those Ya Ya's!!!!

Anke said...

Oh my gosh, that toenail is fabulous looking, I didn't even notice it was fake LOL! I am so happy for you that you have such a great group of gals to hang with :)