But first, they had to bring in equipment and give our huge laurel oak a haircut, a nice bob, a little shorter in the back, tapered at the sides . . . perfect for Florida weather:

and once they made enough space, they started ripping off the rotten wood on the upper gable.
now you might think the door was to blow in insulation or other stuffy reasons, but I know better.
this is definitely a portal for creatures great and small of types only a wily imagination can create and I intend to have great fun with it . . . .
but on with the story of men in trees:
and boys with their toys:
a mere two and a half days later, they were done replacing all of the rotten wood, painted everything in sight, fixed the chimney and another low board I had managed to demolish when the lawn mower got away from me, and packed up their scaffolding and were on their way.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, men who scampered like squirrels and worked like slaves. You did a great job!!!!




2 comments:
No way in hell-o I could do their jobs! I am skeered of heights! People who do that kind of work are vastly underpaid IMHO because you could not pay me enough to do what they do!
wow, what a job! Those guys don't mind this kind of stuff I'm sure! It must be a load off your mind to get this taken care of! :)
Post a Comment