Tuesday, February 22, 2011

playing catch up . . .

Friday night . . . after hours . . . we got a call from Moffitt confirming our 3:30 appointment Tuesday the 22nd. No doctors name mentioned. So first thing yesterday morning I am on the phone trying to track down which doctor. It seems Dr. K. just made an appointment for us to see her but never called to let us know. Gotta love medical communication. Sigh.

But here is where it gets tricky. The 9TS has a birthday coming up and many moons ago, I decided that he needed a break and made reservations for us to once again hit the high seas. When the amazing Dr. Z. told us the so not what we wanted to hear news, I looked at the sloth and he looked and me and I timidly asked the amazing Dr. Z about our chances of still going. He broke into a huge grin and said, "GO, this has to be taken care of but it can certainly wait a few weeks." YAY! But now we had to get the same approval from Dr. K., and cancel this new appointment. Blessings on Jennifer, one of the nurses who steadfastly tracked Dr. K. down at her out of town hiding place and then double checked with the amazing Dr. Z and we were once again cleared to paddle around the big puddle.

And so, we plan on ignoring Mel and his smaller cousin Anoma for a time and will soon be making like touristas soaking up sun and imbibing tropical goodness. Hey, sometimes you just have to run away . . . and we are.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot think of 2 more deserving people to sail the high seas than you and the 9TS. So....run on with my blessing!!

Sue said...

Good for you! Hope you have a GRAND time.

:::ohhh...this means new pictures!:::

Tinka said...

Running away sounds grand! When do you begin this adventure? And have a wonderful, worry-free time!

Anke said...

I am so glad for you! You need to get away, it will be wonderful!!!!

Unknown said...

YAY for a getaway! Go & have a wonderful time, both of you! You deserve it! Just think, you'll have new photos to scrap too....bonus!