skip to main |
skip to sidebar
facebook finding . . .
last night was not the best in the cave. Kidlet was waiting for her mid term exam grade to be posted. She had studied long and hard for her advanced calculus test. There was a lot riding on it. When results finally came in, she was devastated. Many tears.
This morning I left for our walk before either Kidlet or the 9TS were up and about. When I got home, he mentioned he had had a chat with Kidlet.
This is what I found on Kidlet's facebook:
My dad's a freaking beast. I came home in tears one day in 8th grade, upset because I'd gotten my first and only B that year (in math of all things). Even though I wasn't supposed to get any money because I hadn't gotten straight A's, my dad gave me $20 and the second best statement ever - "I'm proud of you" (the first best being "I love you"). Guess who just came upstairs and gave me $20 following that disaster of an advanced calc test? My dad, with the second best statement ever. My dad's a beast, and he's proud of me. That means more than any GPA ever could.
She has since met with her instructor and is on track for completing the course satisfactorily. I'm not sure which of two I am more proud of.
4.71
No comments:
Post a Comment