Friday, November 25, 2011

oops . . .

Yesterday, before heading for Carrabba's for dinner, I realized I hadn't finished myJen's present.

Let me back up.  One of my eccentric loves is organic coconut oil mixed with patchouli and slathered on my body.  Oooooo, it feels so good, soaks right in, smells delicious and takes away the world's woes.  I promise.  And since, myJen . . .   that's her name: MyJen: because, well, she is . . . loves patchouli too, I decided to make her some of my brew. 

I keep mine in a sealed apothecary jar.  Very unexciting.  It must have a lid.  Being organic, it becomes liquid when it is warm and solid when it is cold.  Go it?   Anyway, I needed something much better for myJen.  So, Joanie and I were on a twofold mission when he hit Renninger's the weekend before . . . find the proper container for myJen's potion.  And we did.  A lovely round glass fish, cut in half horizontally.  The lid being as large as the bottom.  Put together, the clear glass fish was perfect for a bathroom counter.  The bottom half had a scooped out section perfect for my goop.  I was delighted with my find.

Fast forward back to yesterday.  We were running late.  The 9TS, being two weeks off his prednisone was feeling not so well, but insisted we go to Carrabba's.  I had forgotten to load myJen's present.  Made a batch, poured it in the fish, stuck it in the fridge.  All was fine.  I ran upstairs to grab a good length of scotch tape to seal the fish for delivery.   I needed help.  The 9TS volunteered to hold him, while I wrapped the tape.  The fish jumped as fish are prone to do.  And crashed to the floor in 1000 pieces and a smear of patchouli and coconut oil.  Mess.  Horror.  Tears.  Sigh.

When myJen asked about the gloom, I told her the story.  One Ativan, two Crown Royals, a Polo Rosa Maria, two of myJen's Ritz crackers dipped in homemade fudge and all was right again with my world.

The 9TS wasn't quite as lucky.  All he could manage was a small bowl of their divine minestrone and a Momma Rosa mini dessert.  We think we see more prednisone in the future.

No comments: