Yes, we did it. we got our hair cut. i say we, because Joanie valiantly held my hand. OFF with my head . . . my rationale is that hair grows and you only live once. and since my hair grows really fast . . . what the heck.
what the heck I said, as I sat in the chair. what the heck I said, as she approached me with the razor. what the heck, when pounds of hair fell to the floor and my cheek bones appeared for the first time in 20 years.
Who the heck did the 9TS bring to Carrabba's said Jen, Christina, Matt and Hope. Who the heck indeed. And after dinner, we headed to the mall . . . the 9TS was happy to be out and about. He wandered off in search of sneakers . . . he has a fetish. don't tell. I, to the nearest makeup counter. if I don't have hair, I at least need BIG eyes. right?
Are you expecting pictures? Wrong.
This morning, I woke up and ran to the bathroom mirror. My worst nightmare had come true. Looking back at me was Alfalfa on steroids. Hair to the right of me, hair to the left. Hair sticking straight up to the moon:
I clutched my stomach and asked myself what had I done and ran back under the covers.
A little while later after pawing at my hair like a mad woman, I looked again. All was right with the world. It sat back down like a well trained dog. And yes, I love my new hair. And, as soon as someone wakes up, I will share a shot or two. YAY!!!
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ummm.....still waiting!!
Paula
Post a Comment