Kidlet was craving the 9TS's shrimp aioli . . . or maybe it was me but it would be a huge reminder of who wasn't making it. To skirt around the issue, I checked recipes for shrimp scampi that came with tons of kudo's and since I am a huge fan of Tyler Florence, I decided to give it a go.
Of course it was different. Good but not the same. I would make it again because I loved the white wine infused with garlic, shallots and lemon. Kidlet was not so happy. It reminded her too much of her daddy's dinner.
Tomorrow we are going with an old favorite sauteed without memories: corned beef and cabbage!
Tomorrow we are also on the hunt for a new dishwasher. This one has seen better days and needs to move onto greener pastures . . . ones that actually washes the dishes. Wish us luck, I almost fainted when I saw how much the prices had risen in 12 years. EEK!!!
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We had to do the new dishwaher thing a couple of years ago. You'll be amazed at how much cleaner your dishes will be and how much quietier the new machine will be! Good luck in your quest.
Post a Comment