Tuesday, May 22, 2012

happy birthday to Nancy . . .

well belatedly.  she has been missing in action lately so we are three weeks late celebrating her day.  Look at these wonderful little goodies we scarfed down for dessert, complete with trick candle that kept relighting:
lets talk about raspberry cheese cake, carrot cake and key lime pie.  ooooooh, La's is so good.

They are also completely awesome.  A couple of weeks back, I ordered the lunch special of the day.  A chicken caprese sammie on ciabatta bread with spinach, tomato, fresh buffalo mozzarella, pesto and a splash of reduced balsamic vinegar glaze.  faint.

The fresh mozzarella was a one time thing but not to be deterred, I ordered it again with regular slices of mozzarella.  Good but nothing like the original.  Gron, the kitchen guru, told me that if I called before nine in the morning, they would try and get me my mozzarella, so this morning I took them up on their offer and ta da!!!!!!
talk about being completely and utterly spoiled.  what yumminess for my tumminess. 

p.s.  the fresh fruit was so ripe and sweet.  drool.

p.p.s.  happy birthday Nancy!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish Nancy a happy birthday for me please!! Belatedly....LOL...

Paula