Monday night I looked down at my chipped toenail polish and muttered. I really didn't feel like removing the old and doing four layers of new. It was late and I had yoga the next morning. Sigh.
I think it was the wine that made me do it. In fact, I'm sure of it. And I still had architect's tape from my washi project. A little tape. A little polish. A little wine.
missing chips!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Two weeks ago, the air-conditioning man came to do a free check-up on the new unit we had installed in February. It's still running well and saving me $100 a month in this summer heat. Color me happy.
In 2000, we built the 9TS a man-cave. Because of the ridge line of our house, it wasn't feasible to utilize the preexisting system and the cave got its very own a/c system. It was wonderful. The 9TS could go in his cave and turn it into a sauna or an iceberg while I could throw open the windows to the rest of the house.
Back to the future. Having not turned on the cave unit since the sloth departed, I asked the serviceman if it was OK to not run it. He marched into the cave, flicked the switch and nothing. The air handler was shot. Yikes. While I was happy not running it all these months, it really was musty and the unit needed to be replaced so it could at least run occasionally. The new system will have a Thermidistat to help control humidity as well as air. Color me broke.
They arrived today to install the new unit and increase the size of the two bedroom ducts upstairs to get more air flow. Thinking about the humidity control on the new unit, I asked if the main unit offered that too. It does and it was never set. Think I should have read the manual???? Color me stupid.
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Not STUPID! You were smart enough to ask about the humidity control. Give yourself more credit, Jeanne.
OH! and I love your 2 tone nails. Remember if they get too bad, put a band-aid on! LOL
WC PS: Sparkle polish hides a multitude of sins, also.
Post a Comment