Thursday, November 8, 2007

disconcerting . . .

remember the turkey buzzards in the dead tree behind the house?? . . they are multiplying. The other day I counted 25, yes TWENTY FIVE!!! And to make matters worse, it was a cold gray morning and snoop who wanted out for his daily patrol on the pool deck, was bombarded by the creepy birds. You could hear the wind passing their huge wing span. Neither snoop nor I trusted the cage screen so in he came. Ticked. The effect is not as great without the bad weather background but this is my morning view. Yuck!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Even the turkey buzzards fly south for the winter! While some stay here year-round, like most Snowbirds, they increase dramatically in the winter. At least they don't drive and clog up our roads during rush hour!

Sue

Kim said...

They are nasty looking birds. It drives me nuts when they are in the road and they won't get out of the way. ACK.

Anonymous said...

GEEZ....I think they like YOUR side of the cul-de-sac better than MINE. YAY!!!!