Tomorrow being turkey day and all, I decided it was time to remove the top layer of dust, sweep the dirt under the rugs, move the furniture over the stains and collect the tumbleweed sized fur balls for my next knitting project. Yesterday, I started upstairs, all going well until I got to the toilet. I grabbed the new bottle of bleach from under the sink, uncapped it, flushed the toilet and looked down to see an ever increasing puddle growing around the base of the bottle. I scooped it up, twisted the cap back on and flipped it upside down only to discover the cap leaked as well. So here I am straddling the porcelain goddess holding this large container of Clorox which is dripping and splashing from both ends. Did I mention that I was also talking to my SIL at the same time, so add balancing the phone on my shoulder to the mess? I finally tossed the bottle into the sink, ran downstairs to get an almost empty one from under that bathroom sink, ran backup stairs and poured the new contents into the old one.
Meanwhile, the kittens are ecstatic about all the commotion and are doing a happy dance in the puddles of straight bleach still on the floor. They immediately found themselves in the sink getting foot baths and towel dries. That did not go well.
Fast forward to this morning and after being side tracked to the mall by he-who-must-be-obeyed yesterday, the floor finally becomes sparkling clean with no further ado.
Next on my list is the daily changing of the upstairs water bowls for the cats. The kittens was already done so I grabbed Snoop’s and headed to the bathroom when I realized the floor was still wet. The sink being not all that far from the door, I figured I could just lean in, balance, refill the water bowl, and propel myself back into an erect state outside the door. All went well until we got to the propel part. I made it back into position, the bowl did not. There was water everywhere . . . another mop job.
These are omens. I should not clean; I do not like to clean. The Gods and warning me. I must obey. Sigh.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha, gotta love those trouble makers. But at least there weren't any frogs, eh mom?
Post a Comment