
is finally open and I dragged Frank 1/2 way across the state to go see. Oh, how I wish I had brought my camera. Rows and rows of colors and bin after bin of goodies. It was heaven. Having never been to one before, I was surprised at the set up. You walk into the monster warehouse, take the escalators upstairs and follow the path. Room by set up room, you look at all the possibilities . . . my favorite? . . . the 730 square foot apartment. Yikes, so tiny, so cool. But downstairs, I was in my element. Stacks of this and that broken down by department. I got stuck in Kitchen and would still be there had not Frank had the where-with-all to bodily drag me out by the seat on my pants. I didn't do much damage . . . some new wine glasses . . . I pop them on a regular basis . . . they were my most expensive buy at $4.99 per six. I bought 2 sets. A grater for $1.99, a set of soft spoons for .59, and a scrubber for .99. Oh, and a package of white cardboard magazine holders for $2.99. And we were out of there and over to Olive Garden for fried calamari. Then to the mall to ogle. And finally home again. It was a fun day's adventure. Frank is now hanging the Christmas lights while I test the wine glasses.
2 comments:
I am jonesing to go over to IKEA!Like you, I am an IKEA virgin! But we shall wait til after the new year. Perhaps we could arrange a Monday meeting in OTown?! Do you and Frank do sushi?
I could live in IKEA, lol! The closest one to me is just north of Austin so only about 1.5 hrs drive but I've only made it up there once...and, being broke at the time, spent just under $15.00! Can't wait to get back up there and REALLY spend some bucks!
Post a Comment