
Destination . . . The Freedom Trail. We picked it up at Quincy Market and headed toward the North End. Click, click, click, click, camera's going nuts. So much architecture, so much to see. We are in Little Italy and Frank is a happy little clam looking at all the restaurants. I can just see him brain whirling around and around deciding where we will eat dinner.

We wander though historic sights, grab some coffee, wander some more and find ourselves down by the Charles River. Strike up a conversation with a man shoveling the side walk . . . was a teacher for 37 years in the Boston school system . . . he finds us a guy whose wife is Italian and gets some recommendations for dinner. Nice man. We meander back to the hotel. Good thing it is distinctive and can be seen from almost everywhere we had been. Not that we couldn't retrace the Freedom Trail and find our way home. Sort of like the yellow brick road and much better than leaving bread crumbs. We get home and start calling the recommendations only to discover that most of the restaurants are closing at 4:00 to get home to their families. Who could argue.

One finally recommended another that was open and Limoncello's it was. Great shrimp scampi, chicken Marsala and fruiti del mar. Mama chatting the entire time to her sons . . . not a word of English. We waddled home. I had been telling Frank and Katie we needed to try and find White Christmas on TV . . . neither having seen it before. Jokingly I said we'll probably find a Kermit the Frog special. What did we find to watch???? Muppets in Space. Great Christmas Eve fun.

2 comments:
I like your coat. In fact I like it way better than Frank's coat.
Don't tell Frank!!
Love the boots and the jacket!! great picture
Post a Comment