Our favorite place to sit is on the back deck. It slopes enough to make one a little queasy but the view is stunning . . .
Katie went down on the beach while waiting for our food. I, in the meantime, scoped out the local ambiance . . .
Since I am of the 'scoff down your food while it's still hot' philosophy, it was my turn to head to the beach. Katie had warned me of about the jelly fish . . .
Nasty as they are, I think them quite beautiful. And then there was the seaweed . . .
Not sure where the fisherman was but he couldn't be far . . .
and now a little known fact. Frank and I were married, bare foot on the beach, just a bit north and chowed down after the tiny ceremony with his best man . . . who married us . . . my best friend and her husband and of course a then, seven year old Katie. The old place has changed a lot since then, the 2005 canes darn near destroyed it.
Back upstairs while Frank finished his clams, oysters, spicy shrimp and crab legs . . . Katie and I were still playing with our cameras . . .
I'm not showing the shot she took of me taking her picture. Although it was pretty cool since you could see her face in my lens, the shot also made my hands look like they had been taken right out of the Seinfeld episode: Man Hands. Obviously, I opted to delete it. We headed home happily stuffed and overflowing. It was a good night.









2 comments:
First and foremost....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!!!!!!!
Secondly, I'm in love with the fishing pole shot!
Thirdly, I'm jealous Wilson got crab legs! ::sniff::
Gotta be "Snack Jack's". YUMMO!!
Happy Birthday, Katie...you've got good taste!!
BTW, that Seinfeld episode?...THE FUNNIEST ONE EVER. I still laugh out loud just rewinding it over in my mind.
Paula
Post a Comment