
So what does this sweet adorable little ball of fur have to do with yesterday's mishap? Aha, good question! As is my Sunday morning ritual, I made myself comfortable in the lounger in the loft and settled in with that week's crossword puzzle . . . . another addiction of mine. Part way into the puzzle, I noticed that Bear . . . my not so small Maine Coon cat, had made himself comfortable on the counter in front of my desktop computer. Hard at work at the task of trying to shove twelve letter words into nine letter spaces, I looked up again to notice that my computer screen was now sideways in the monitor. Yep, sideways. As I get up to take a closer look, Bear stretches again and resettles himself, spreading various body parts over my keyboard. Being completely computer illiterate, I do the only thing I know to do when things go wrong . . . . I reboot. Up comes the Dell logo right side up. Hooray. But wait, my desktop screen is coming into view . . . and it is still sideways. Not only that, but my mouse is acting as if I was holding it sideways as well. Huh??? So I call India and explain the situation and the man, who I'm certain, routinely eats cat without a qualm, tells me how to fix my screen . . . laughing the entire time. Harumph! So how does one very wily Maine Coon do this to a computer? Easy . . . he lays his head on the ALT and CTRL buttons while he presses his foot down on the left arrow key. Try it. You can make your screen spin in your monitor: round and round . . . that is of course unless you get seasick easily. In which case . . . forget it.
3 comments:
Thanks for the giggle!!!
great story Jeanne, of course your telling it makes it even funnier!
You don't know me...I blog-hopped from Michelle's page. But I've been reading your posts and I laughing my mouse off. Hope you don't mind me peeking in on you! :)
(The cat-eater comment about did me in. *hahaha*)
Post a Comment