Fay that is. Originally headed up the center of the state, she decided to change her mind and visit us. Yikes. But like a true woman, she changed her mind again and headed just below us and then out to sea. Yay! But then, she changed her mind AGAIN. Now she's decided to hug up the coast and come in on top of us. It's a wee damp outside with rain coming down in almost horizontal sheets. Both the fat old oaks and the limber pines in the back yard are bobbing and weaving in some strange ancient druid dance. I wish she'd make up her mind, she's sitting on my last nerve!!! Go away!!!
EDIT: 4:34 a.m: She has stopped dead over us. As in not moving. As in stuck. Aarrrghhh! The good news is that with her eye hovering directly above my living room, things are relatively calm as we wait for the back swing when she pulls out. Steph and Craig are not so lucky. They are sitting under her stalled bands getting pelted with high winds and rain. Quack, quack, waddle, waddle.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I saw on last nights news that Melbourne had almost 25 inches of rain YESTERDAY! I cannot fathom that much rain in one day. Just goes to prove that you don't always need a Cat 4 storm to do major damage.
Y'all be safe. You're in my thoughts.
I am so retarded, here I am thinking what weird friends you have until it dawned on me....chalk it up to old age or a fuzzy mind today. I will be praying for you waddling people out there!
Post a Comment