She pulled out of the driveway with her car cram packed with her worldly possessions, two containers of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, Moak yowling his discontent in his croaky little cat voice and four teeth in a plastic bag. Yep, that's my kid. Another rite of passage successfully completed.
So today I will return the DVD's that kept her entertained, call the dental surgeon for her to find out how long it takes for the stitches to melt, and last but not least call Stanley Steemer and hope they don't ask exactly what comprised the stain I need them to remove from carpet next to her bed. Suffice it to say Oxycodone and red drinks are not a good combination.
Once again the house is eerily quiet when it should be reverberating with her sounds . . . the thumping down the stairs. . . the yelling from the other end of the house . . . iTunes at full volume . . . the slamming of the refrigerator door . . . and those soft and sweet: I love you moms. Sigh.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ahhh....the empty nest...the deafening sound of silence.
...double sigh...
Paula
((((((((((((Jeanne))))))))))
Oh my, Jeanne, that went by fast! You have such a way of making me feel like I am there! Hugs galore! Btw., another award is waiting for you on my blog, you certainly deserve it, of course you don't have to get it either!
{{{{{{{{ Jeanne }}}}}}}}}
And now let me say how upset I am with you AND Sam! Neither of you warned me I'd be sitting in a movie theather bawling my eyes out during Mamma Mia! And YOU know why! I had never heard that song before until you posted the lyrics and when Meryl started singing I started crying. And I mean tears FLOWING down my cheeks and my fighting back sobs so I wouldn't bother the other movie watchers! Sam said "I KNEW you'd cry during that scene, Mom!" She was more upset about the outcome of Colin Firth's character! lol (Don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet!) Sam is a huge Colin Firth fan!
Post a Comment