The other day while in my bedroom, I heard a rather loud thwump. With three cats running around like rocket ships out of control careening under, over and around the bed at mach3, I really didn't pay too much attention, until I happened to look out the window later that day. A poor flicker must have thought he could fly through the glass. His poor little body lay on the lower roof.
To access that section of roof, one has two options. The first is to haul out the ladder and scurry over it's upper rung onto the eave. I do not do 'scurry' nor do I do heights. The other is to remove the screen, open the window and crawl out onto the eight foot ledge. While better than than door #1, it is not something I would rush to do, so the poor little Flicker laid there for a couple of more days.
Finally, I decided he needed a decent burial and I'd opted to go through the window. To my surprise, he was gone. Now since there was absolutely no question that he met his demise, and the 9TS cannot navigate much of anything with a bandage the size of a boxing glove, it kind of makes you wonder who or what was scampering around outside my window, one story up. I'm guessing since Bru met nose to nose with an errant teenage coon out that same window one night last year, to tune of much howling and caterwauling, that another coon was probably the culprit. The access is a scraggly old tree that sits too close to the house that we keep pruned to a spindly wisp. Apparently not wispy enough. It has to go. I am tired of Rocky raccoon and his nocturnal visits. And yes, I am sticking to the coon version, lest something even less desirable has been to call. Yikes!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my, that fast huh! We have those coons around here too. could have been a larger bird too, those crows eat anything! Or maybe he really was just knocked out and woke up. I have seen that happen. How is your tooth? Did you live through the day okay? :)
Post a Comment