Tuesday, March 3, 2009

a great suggestion . . .

from Anke. She thought it would look great if I did an extraction and made the giraffe pop out of the frame. Love the idea. But . . . ROFL . . . I have no stinkin' idea how to do a decent extraction let alone have it pop out of anywhere. Did I sleep through that lesson????? Do I need to pass out 3D glasses before viewing????

I tried though . . . struggling with the extraction because of the leaves and the mane. I gave up, but refused to admit defeat. I tried a new tact. I pulled out my trusty eraser and went to town on that poor unsuspecting giraffe. I erased the stuffing out of him and his midday snack and then got the brilliant idea to convert what was left of him, into a .png file. Ummmm, not my best thought process at work. Then I layered the new, slightly moth eaten looking, .png over the original photo and enlarged it a bit to cover the giraffe behind door number 2, so that his lunch was now poking out of the frame. Not Jeffrey's best look. So I merged the frame and the .png and it looked a tad better. Then I moved the sticker to cover the boo boo on his butt. Are you with me so far? It's done. Edited and posted. Turns out I am just not one of Jessica's two thousand success stories. Totally not her fault.

The village called. They want their idiot back. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posted where?

Anke said...

ROFLMBO!!! What did I start here? You poor thing!!! The only reason I know how to do that is because I have a tutorial by Cassie Jones called extractions with dimension. It is wonderful!!!! I have seen it done so many times that I assumed everybody knew it LOL. I have to go and check the gallery now for sure!!!

Anke said...

where the heck is it?????

jeanne said...

I swapped out the original photo of Jeffrey in my March 1, post for the new and . . . snort. . . improved version. I am off to snag Cassie's tut.

Anonymous said...

So now that I looked at it, I can see what you did! It's subtle, yes, but well done.
You know those side-by-side pictures with 8 differences? Yeah. I stink at those. Point it out, and the light bulb comes on! :-)

farabee said...

See if this helps:
http://www.designsindigital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6673