Wednesday, March 11, 2009

with a quack, quack here and a . . .

quack, quack there . . .


Credits: Paper and floral elements: Vinnie Pearce. Ribbon: Roben-Marie Smith, Font: MaFishy, Photo frame: Katie Pertiet, Frame: Ali Edwards

So I get this layout together and I realize I have no idea what kind of bird it is. I google herons and storks and nothing looks just right. So I email the JAX Zoo and ta da. He is a Stanley crane, also known as a Blue crane or a Paradise crane. And, his name is Stanley . . . . Stanley Crane. And you thought I had a warped sense of humor! Thank you Donna Bear-Hull, Curator of Birds.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

So in keeping with the zoo's logic....if the Stanley Crane's name is truly Stanley, shouldn't Donna Bear-Hull be the curator of bears?

These are the things that keep me awake at night.

Anke said...

I can't believe you emailed the Zoo, how funny is that!? Love his page, the extraction is awesome! Are you getting the hang of it yet? Love it!