Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sing along with me . . .

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo;
How about you, you, you?
You can come too, too, too.
We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo.

I love zoos and this was no exception and surprisingly non-aromatic. Actually other then running out of gas and getting mucho crabby toward the end (sorry Bean), it was great. We did all the normal fun things like riding their little train around the park, watching the elephant create his own mud bath, snapping Katie feeding the giraffes, wandering around the aviary, getting pooped on. Yep, pooped on. There I was happily shooting the exotic birds when I felt something warm and wet slap me on the back of my neck. Felt like one huge warm rain drop. I checked the sky. Clear as could be. I stuck my finger back there and it returned slightly white. I called for Katie. She took one look and burst out laughing. No further diagnosis needed. Well . . . poo.

But on the good side, I came home with 185 shots. That should keep me busy for a while. And while I know I said I was going to take a hiatus from scrapping for a bit, we all know I lie. A lot. And I did edit the image, so all is good.


Credits: Staples:Catrine, Stickers: Vinnie Pearce, Alpha: Fi, Fonts: MaFishy, Garamond, Frame: Ali Edwards, Paper: Lauren Reid.



Credits: Paper, Frame, Sticker: Vinnie Pearce. Staple: Catrine. Font: MaFishy

5 comments:

Photography by Shae said...

GREAT LO!!!
Jacksonville Zoo huh?
Living closer to Tampa we spend a lot of time at Busch Gardens....haven't been to Lowery Park Zoo since the kids were little......heard it has changed much since then....perhaps it's time to visit again!:)
Can't wait to see more of your pix!!!

Anonymous said...

great shots and layouts! The zebra looks like it's saying 'take it, and I kill ya' lol zebratude.

Anke said...

Oh my gosh Jeanne, as soon as I saw that giraffe LO I though that you have to do the extraction and have it come out of the frame, it would be perfect!!!! What a great shot! (not that I don't love the page you did) I love the Zoo!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful are all your Zoo layouts Jeanne!! Fantastic photos and stunning use of elements!!

Unknown said...

Oops sorry that anonymous one is me! Not sure why my name didnt show up!