Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday . . .


FOR TODAY 2:05:2010 at Or Just Me

Outside my window: The rain is on pause. The northern blizzards are to bring us more wetness today. The pool is full. The ground soggy. But this rain is a blessing before the coming dry season. I love the rain.

I am thinking: How much I love the 9TS.

I am thankful for: Snuggling cats, the 9TS's odd sense of humor, a visit from Katie . . .

From the kitchen: I made a huge pot of pasta fagioli for dinner last night and left three individual containers on the counter to cool before refrigeration. At 2 a.m., my best thinking time, I remembered them and scampered downstairs to pop them in the fridge. Is eight hour old pork based soup still good? I mean really. Please leave me a comment and let me know!

I am wearing: p.j's and a T. Are you starting to see a theme. And yes, I do get dressed.

I am creating: Doodles. Pages and pages of doodles. I started my Pen Tablet class Monday. And am having a ball. And so it seems is the 9TS who told me to scooch over and immediately drew an airplane. He cracks me up.

I am going: The 9TS and I, and his brother and his significant other, are going out on the town tomorrow night. Dinner and then to a Doo Woop show at the arts center. Fun. Fun. Fun.

I am reading: Nothing at the moment. And I am hungry for a book, so I have gathered all the old paperbacks and am planning a trip to the used book store. They have a swap program. Makes me happy.

I am procrastinating: Filing. I am so far behind. The clear plastic boxes full of bank statements, insurance policies, instruction manuals, tax folios and the like are still sitting in the loft mocking me. They need to be culled and put in the rolling cart and then into the attic. But space needs to be made by cleaning out the attic first. It is an overwhelming concept. Or why the clear plastic bins have been where they are for well over two years. GAW.

I am wondering: Why I am so lazy lately. I need to get my body moving. This state is totally unacceptable.

Around the house: Our neighbors are out of town. They left us a message asking if we would pick up a package they were expecting. Our front hall is now full of boxes and post office bins. Oh and Katie's dead vacuum that I need to get to the repairman. It's getting crowded in that little area.

OK, so I never claimed to be an artist. But it is fun playing with my pen tablet.

3 comments:

Heather said...

OMgoodness, Jeanne! These doodles are lovely! I really wanted to take the pen tablet class, but real life with teeny tiny kids beckons much louder than the class right now. Ah, I keep reminding myself that hobbies will still be there in a few years, but not my precious wee little ones - they'll be long gone, replaced with bigger kids. I'll just live vicariously until I can take the class!

dtbrents said...

I love your little doodles. You are very talented. I will show them to my granddaughter who loves to do that. I hope you have a productive day. Doylene

Anonymous said...

I love your little peeps! too cute. Can't wait to get my computer back...