Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pandemonium and pain pills . . .

Two little known facts about the 9TS: He was a street corner singer in his youth. And he is currently inching his way through life with a miserable aching back. These factoids will come in handy in a moment.

Last night the 9TS, his brother Joe, Jackie and I went to Carrabba's for dinner and then to the local auditorium to see the Harvey Robbins Royalty of Doo-Wopp show. Both the 9TS and his brother are, ahem, of that vintage. Jackie and I were still in grade school, thank you very much. The show was fun. And of course, knowing that we would be seated for two + hours, the 9TS had remembered to pop a pain pill after dinner.



We sat and watched a variety of acts, some imitators, some originals, the crowd was relatively contained until the final number when all of the singers in unison sang a rousing version of the Temptations SHOUT.
Well, you know you make me wanna'
(Shout) Kick my heels up and
(Shout) Throw my hands up and
(Shout) Throw my head back and
(Shout) Come on now
(Shout) Don't forget to say you will

Don't forget to say yeah x5
(Say you will) Say it right now, baby
(Say you will) Come on, come on
(Say you will) Say that you
(Say you will) Say that you love me
(Say) Say that you need me
(Say) Say that you want me
Say) Don't ever leave me
Pandemonium broke out with people standing, stomping, clapping and singing right along. Some were even dancing in the aisle. Wait!!! That's the 9TS, bad back and all, doing the South Philly Shuffle in the aisle, singing along . . . . dancing his happy heart out. WOW! In all the years I have known him, I never saw him dance like that. He had a ball! And those close to the aisle were cheering him on. He was a STAR!!!

But, I think I am going to have to renew his prescription for pain medication this afternoon.

3 comments:

joanieb147 said...

So glad you all had such a good time! Of coure you know we're waiting for you to post the photos of the STAR.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, 9TS. Where were those pain meds when WE lived in your cul-du-sac?! Oh the fun we coulda had when the lights went off!! I mean from the hurricane power outages!! hee...hee...
Maybe the 9TS thought he was auditioning for STARSEARCH???
Paula

Kelli said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

::thud::