Thursday, February 25, 2010

productivity . . .

I woke this morning resolute in making this day more productive than those of late. It started out badly as I drove Kaitlyn to school while still in my pajamas . . . the bed having been so warm and inviting. One of these days, I am going to have to explain to the officer I just went screaming past that there is no way I can step out of the car, sir . . . I am not adequately dressed for the job, sir.

Things improved once back home on the range. I finally hemmed the 9TS's new khaki's, emptied the dishwasher, did the ironing, and vacuumed the downstairs. Then I picked up 'Tis by Frank McCourt, and starting where I had left off last night, lost all hope of doing anything else even mildly smacking of productivity. What a wonderful read.

As the 9TS made the trip to retrieve Kaitlyn, I pried my nose out of the book long enough to throw some brownies into the oven.



How can a day with Frank McCourt and Ghirardelli Brownies be a bad day!

1 comment:

Anke said...

boy, you are doing more than I am, I hate housework anymore! The brownies look scrumptious!!