Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spring has sprung . . .

This little tree is around the corner from us. WOW!



So since I had my camera, I scrambled up close,



I absolutely adore the pale pinkness of these buds. And then I noticed that I had company.



Bees! Lots and lots of bees. Too many bees. Time to leave . . . quickly. But I had to try and get one close up.



Sorry for the fuzz but this wasn't a macro situation, the branch being way over my head. But, look at those honey sacks!!!!! Dinner's coming!!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

It's a cherry tree! I've got one in my yard and it too is covered in flowers and bees. It's the ONLY thing that has bloom right now, so all of the bees on this side of the state are at mine!!

HiHo, the Duck said...

Aerodynamically the bee shouldn't be able to fly. That's why it's one of my favorite animals.

...

Sugar, sugar. Do do do do do do. Oh, honey, honey.

Anke said...

wow, those pictures are awesome! I love how you captured that bee and I can't believe you have those gorgeous buds around, I am so jealous!