You know that quote that has been passing through cyber space for years now? The one that goes like this: A good friend will come bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying . . . 'Damn, that was fun!'
I have that friend. Really. Most mornings we chatter uninhibitedly about life in general . . . nothing is off limits. And occasionally we are unkind. . . neither of us born to suffer fools well. This morning we were on a tear. Giggling, whooping, fingers flying over our keyboards. And then she types:
"can you imagine if we were neighbors. Oh the fun we would have sitting on our front porches, drinking wine, gossiping about people and screaming at the kids to get off our lawns...complaining about everything under the sun...haha Like Weezer in Steel Magnolias! ;o)"
and I knew instantly why I adore her. She is so me. I would love to grow old next to her. Oh the fun we would have, unfortunately, she is some twenty years younger and would eventually be left on the porch by herself looking over her delicious flower bed at that singular patch of crab grass marking my bottled up remains with a quiet smirk plastered on her face.
Nothing in this world beats a good friend.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
even a long-distance friendship can be rewarding! You are such a descriptive person, I know I am repeating myself all the time, but you should write your biography or something, you really have a great writing skill!
Post a Comment