Monday, March 29, 2010

the ick factor x two . . .

1.) I have this thing about speedos. I think they should be worn by swim team members only . . . ages 12 to 19. Not, I repeat, NOT by 45+ year old, pudgy men while sunning in the front yard. It is such a major ick factor, on so many levels, I can't even begin . . .

Yet there he is, ranting at top volume . . . another exorcism . . . into the phone, at some poor beleaguered soul, ousting Luther . . . er . . . Lucifer and talking in tongues. Well, most probably some derivative of English, Spanish, and Pig Latin, who really knows . . . but you get the drift. Taco vs. the Devil . . take 312.

2.) My bathroom sink drain has been sluggish. To the point that while trying to hand wash my unmentionables, the water forgot to go down the drain. Sigh. The 9TS to the rescue. With him under the sink unhooking the stopper, a sudden collection of sludge popped into view. Taking one look at it . . . and another look at me, I knew removing said gunk fell distinctly in my jurisdiction. Suffice it to say, it was off the ick factor scale and my sink is now running smoothly.

I'm just saying . . .

4 comments:

HiHo, the Duck said...

(1) makes me happy I don't live at home anymore, even though I love you and daddy dearly.

Anke said...

I wonder what part convinced Katie that it's good to be away from home, the speedo or the sink? thanks for the giggle this morning :)

Anonymous said...

You know, I have the same deep discust when it comes to speedos. Only, I don't think they should be worn ever. By anyone. Ever. Seeing other men's packages and hairy legs is not a sight I want to experience.

When we were on our honeymoon there was this German guy who practially stalked me with his speedos for the whole fortnight. He's in every photo we have taken of eachother by the pool. Spreak eagle as well of course. Yuck.

Kelli said...

Number 1 totally makes me wish (EVEN MORE!) that I was your neighbor! I want to hear "luther" get told to leave!!!

But I could do without the Speedo...although I was secretly hoping you had documented this episode with your camera. Does that make me weird?