Wednesday, March 10, 2010

running with scissors . . .

Gawd, I hope not. I have enough trouble with a simple sewing needle and thread. Throw scissors into the mess and I'm in real trouble.

A couple of months ago, prior to February 14th, I found this blog post and ran out and bought some felt and embroidery thread. All in good faith. Unfortunately, Valentine's Day came and went, the felt did not.

Today, I hauled it out and decided to try my hand. That's when I learned my pinking shears were so dull, they couldn't cut paper let alone fabric. Sigh. No raggedy edges for me. Instead this is what I got:



There was an additional green one but somehow it disappeared. I glared suspiciously at Ninja and company, but no one would fess up. They are accustomed to things of that nature being stuffed with psychedelic herbs. Sorry boys and girls, nothing mind altering this time.

Then, having a very limited attention span, I decided to try something else. A bear maybe. A fuzzy brown bear? I didn't use a pattern for the hearts so why look for one for a bear. Sounds reasonable right? Out came the felt and the scissors and I started cutting and turning and clipping and matching until I had my two pieces. I carefully stuffed as I went . . . having discovered after one paw that stuffing later was a major no no. And finally, the finished product, an anorexic bear of dubious proportions . . .



Next week I think I will try an armadillo.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I {heart} the hearts! The bear...he's cute...in his own lopsided way!

HiHo, the Duck said...

At least the bear has a belly-button so he's not alien too. Unless he's Canadian, and then there's just no hope =)

Wait, do bears have belly-buttons? I've never actually stopped to think about it...

Anke said...

aren't these just the cutest, I really like the hearts :)

Kelli said...

Maybe you could try a toad after your armadillo. ;o)